Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mom, I need a costume......

So K let's me know on Sunday that he needs to be a Native American for his role in the Haunted House at school... Does he think I can just pull this stuff out of my sewing basket?

The first idea was to just go with a brown t-shirt and embellish it with fringe, but then I started looking at costume ideas online, went to the fabric store, and just decided I would make the darn thing. It would look so much better and maybe he would get some use out of it in the future. And I was kinda happy to be able to make him a costume again - I think the last one was some Star Wars outfit about three years ago.

So here's what I came up with in two nights. He'll wear tan jeans for the pants.

All that fringe cutting took forever! But it was all in the name of good crafting... and for my little boy.

Hopefully, I can get a picture of him in full regalia as he will be working at the Haunted House for the next three nights.

~ Patty

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have a mom who can whip up a costume at the last minute! Good work, I hope you can get a photo of him in it.

    ReplyDelete