Monday, October 12, 2009

How I Spent My Weekend - or What Was I Thinking




Condor Classic, San Juan Bautista, CA

I don't know what I was thinking. I agreed to do ANOTHER ride event only two weeks after the last one. Ok, I was feeling really strong after the Lighthouse ride, but given the circumstances of having skipped riding last weekend because I thought I was coming down with something... not a good idea. Thanks goodness we ended up deciding to take it easy and only do the 40 miler.

The scenery was beautiful...

At the top of one of the hill climbs.

Some Longhorn cows/cattle/whatever.


And the mission itself, San Juan Bautista is always beautiful.
But, it is probably not a ride I would do again because the roads were crazy bad from farming vehicles and trucks constantly driving over them, and the headwinds that kicked up on the return ride out in the vastness of the flat farmlands were brutal. Well, they were for me - J didn't seem to think so, ummm, whatever. And we had to park in a field with dirt clods and hay and trop through it pushing our bikes - thank goodness we have cleat covers!

But we finished.



Thank goodness. Only 60 miles left to go in my annual 1k goal...

~Patty

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave sharing the road with cars. Some people are so rude and careless.

    ReplyDelete