Sunday, September 6, 2009

50 miles - 2500' - 4 hrs

Who does that?

Me, on my bike, yesterday.

If anyone was to ever ask me, 'Hey, how would you like to ride a bike for four hours to go 50 miles while climbing 2500' feet?', my response would be absolutely be 'Umm, right.'

But for some reason, I choose to do this, getting on my bike once a weekend most weekends, and actually enjoy it. Yes, even the climbing (riding uphill).

This was a particularly long ride; some rides are harder than others, especially for someone who is a weekend rider - no mid-week rides for me. And it can be nerve-wracking when you have some jerk in a car/truck/motorcycle whiz by you without slowing down their speed or bothering to slide over even just a tad.

But there is a terrific sense of accomplishment in doing that kind of mileage
in that amount of time,
powered by my own energy.

Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment